Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Album Preview: Modern Kin (2013)


Over the past few months, I've received numerous emails from PR firms inviting me to check out the music of various artists.  I'll give some of the tracks a listen--I try to stay on the lookout for cool new stuff--but since they're not really connected to Idaho, I haven't shared them here (though I was very tempted to share a video by this one French disco group).



Anyway, an exception to the above came my way just yesterday.  I received an email not from a PR firm but from Kris Doty (right), whom some readers will remember from her years in the Boise music scene (she came back in March and played a good set at Treefort).  She's living in Portland now, and she currently has a band with guitarist/lead singer Drew Grow (left) and drummer Jeremiah Hayden (center) called Modern Kin.

Modern Kin has been getting some good press lately.  "Abandon," a track from their upcoming debut album, indicates why:


Modern Kin's eponymous debut will be released by Hayden's Amigo/Amiga label on October 22.  It was produced by rock goddess Janet Weiss (Quasi, Sleater-Kinney).  You can check out a preview for the album below (it was directed by Weiss):


You can find Modern Kin on Facebook and pre-order Modern Kin now on Bandcamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment